We invite the Australian ethnobotanical and psychedelic community to contribute original video content to our ongoing Garden States Microdose webcast series taking place on the last Wednesday night of each month at 8:00 pm AEDT (Melbourne) until our next major conference can return.
During this time of reflection and uncertainty, it’s more important than ever to reach out and share our knowledge and experiences with the community. So, we’re inviting people to view the EGA statement of purpose and mission and respond with a pre-recorded video that is aligned with our charity’s cause in any way. Let’s get together to showcase and celebrate Australian knowledge and culture!
Videos can range in duration from 30 seconds to nine minutes, 20 seconds (9:20). Submissions can be talking heads, instructional, points of view, creative, or anything your imagination can come up with to share with the community related to our mission.
Please keep it legal, make sure its original visual and audio content that has not been previously released (on YouTube for example), meets the specifications of the project. Remember to be respectful of yourself and others and share with us all how you plant ethnobotanical seeds for earth, body, and mind.
Due date: Currently Ongoing (submissions are due by midnight on the last Tuesday of each month to be eligible for screening on Wednesday of that week).
For more details and all specifications see our website or download the Seedlings – Community Video Project
Some examples of the kind of original content we’re looking for include:
- A short botanical workshop (e.g. cactus grafting or seed germination techniques)
- Give a micro lecture on anything raised by our EGA statement of purpose and mission
- A tour of your ethnobotanical garden or nursery
- First Nations account of country and/or the value and use of medicine plants
- A response to a botanical or environmental place or space of importance to you and others
- Tell us about your research project or organisation
- Send us a botanical photo essay in video format
- Tell us about your favourite ethnobotanical plant
- What do you love about the ethnobotanical and psychedelic community?
- Review a relevant Australian book of interest
- Tell us about a related conservation and/or sustainability project
- The benefits and potential of medicine plants (wellbeing, research, environmental)
- Your hope for the future in the area of ethnobotany and psychedelics in Australia
- Tips for better wellbeing, setting up safe and relaxing spaces
- Politics and issues related to our area of study
- A recorded conversation or interview in person or online
- Maybe you’re an Australian working abroad on a relevant project, tell us about it?
- Anything from an academic work to a botanical comedy act
- Visual botanical alchemy or animation
- A short video podcasts
- Surprise us....
We will broadcast a selection of the best submissions on each Garden States Microdose webcast alongside other unique content and guests and upload the best of these videos to our YouTube channel Entheo TV for future viewing by the community.
For more details see our website or download the Seedlings – Video Project Info Sheet Here
Please pass this link on to like-minded friends you feel might have something to contribute. We look forward to sharing your videos with the global plant community.
The Entheogenesis Australis (EGA) team
Planting seeds for the earth, body and mind